IntroductionCity University of Hong Kong (CityU) has nurtured near 140,000 graduates who dedicate their professional knowledge acquired at their alma mater to diverse professions and the society. In 2009 when CityU celebrated its Silver Jubilee, the Distinguished Alumni Award (the Award) was launched to recognise and publicly honour outstanding alumni who had demonstrated remarkable personal achievements and significant contributions to their profession/career, the University and the community. The Award is held biennially and the 3rd Award is scheduled for 2013.
NominationThe nomination is closed. Thanks for your support!
Eligibility of Nominee
The nominee for the Award must be a graduate of CityU (or its forerunner City Polytechnic of Hong Kong) who has successfully completed a full-time or part-time programme and attained an academic award accredited by CityU.
Eligibility of Proposer
Each nomination shall be proposed by:
- a bona fide graduate of CityU; or
- a current full-time staff member of CityU; or
- a current Council Member or Court Member of CityU; or
- an Honorary Graduate or Honorary Fellow of CityU.
Each proposer can submit more than one nomination. However, the proposer can neither be the nominee himself/herself nor be a member of the Panel of Judges.
Selection Procedures and Criteria
- The Selection Consultant will examine the nominations and make recommendation to the Panel of Judges for final assessment.
- Shortlisted candidates may be requested to attend an interview. The University may contact them direct.
- The University may request verification of the information provided.
- Consent of the selected nominees will be obtained before finalising the list of award recipients.
- Information of the award recipients will be kept confidential until the announcement of the selection results is made by the University.
The major selection criteria include:
- the nominee’s personal achievements and contributions to his/her profession/career;
- the nominee’s contributions to CityU; and
- the nominee’s contributions to the community.
- The proposer is required to provide sufficient and accurate information for the nomination.
- The decision made by the Panel of Judges shall be final and binding.
- Reason(s) for granting or not granting the Award to a nominee will not be released by CityU.
- After the Award is granted, it may be withdrawn at the absolute discretion of CityU when it is deemed appropriate.
- CityU reserves all rights to modify the arrangements, rules and criteria of the Award when it is deemed appropriate.
Recipients of 3rd Distinguished Alumni Award
Presentation Ceremony cum Alumni Story Book Launch (16 April 2014)
- Advertorial in Ming Pao (17 April 2014 / 30 April 2014)
- Coverage at CityU NewsCentre (English / Chinese)
- Coverage at local newspapers